High density expanded polystyrene insulation panel. Excellent material for construction requiring a high compressive strength: exterior foundations, concrete slabs, terraces and parking areas, recreation centres, roadway insulation. Meets the standards of the Building Code and the highest insulation requirements. Contributes towards LEED credits. CCMC # 13638-L (XHD 300, XHD 400).
- Ideal for insulating concrete slabs in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Appropriate for exterior foundations, terraces, parking areas, recreation centres and skating rinks.
- Excellent material for insulating roadways.
Advantages and Benefits
- High compressive strength. Between 140 kPa (20 psi) and 275 kPa (40 psi). Its dimensional stability absorbs the movement of buildings.
- Stable and long term thermal efficiency even when subjected to severe freeze-thaw cycles. Substantial energy savings.
- Excellent resistance to water, moisture and microorganisms in the soil. Retains its insulation value over time.
- Fast and easy installation. Lightweight and available in a variety of formats and thicknesses.
- Respects the environment.
- High and permanent insulation value. Excellent compressive strength. Available in 20, 30 or 40 psi.
- Ensures foundation walls are insulated from the outside in applications where heavy traffic is expected in proximity to the building.
- Maintains stability under freeze-thaw conditions.
- Significantly reduces ice maintenance costs (production, de-icing). Maintains the required refrigeration temperature.
- Considerably reduces energy costs. The ISOLOFOAM XHD series helps ensure a stable temperature.
- Prevents the slab from lifting by slowing down heat loss in the granular base and the ground.
- High-performance anti-freeze layer. For roadway and railway construction.
- Excellent material for distributing loads from construction on unstable ground. Ex.: under roadways and bridge access routes.
- Ideal for distributing loads on swampy ground. High resistance to sagging and shearing.
- Prevents structural settlement.
- Meets the requirements of MTQ standard 14301, Polystyrene for roadway construction.